Pages

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Shocker

My husband saw me sitting here at the computer creating this blog and said: "Why don't you use the time you are spending on that blog, on your exercise bike instead?'

After weeks and weeks of nagging, I finally agreed to go along to 'Slimming World' with my friend last night.  I have rejected the idea of going to a group like this in the past, because I have always felt losing weight isn't rocket science - stop putting food and drink into your mouth and you will lose weight.  Ashamedly, I have been known to be rather scathing  about people who spend £5 just to be weighed and told to stop eating Mars Bars.

Anyway, there I was getting more and more depressed about my weight, and almost went to pieces when a pair of size 16 jeans felt too tight, and my eldest daughter made an innocent comment about the 'size of my tummy', all in the same day.   This is when I decided to give it a go.

I went along to my first meeting last night, was weighed and told that I am currently 12 stone 5 pounds, which in itself was a massive shock - my scales at home are obviously very wrong, so the situation is indeed even worse than I thought...

This blog will chart my weight-loss journey.  I need to do it.  I have to do it.  I CAN do it...

8 comments:

  1. Good luck. I wish I was 12 stone 5.
    I lost 15 stone a few years ago and wish I was still that size, but operations and a baby didn't help.
    I'm still breastfeeding, but I'm trying to be healthy at the moment.
    I look forward to seeing how you get on.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oh my, we're virtually the same weight and have gained virtually the same amount since our weddings. Spooky!!!!

    I've put nearly 2 stone on in past year which I largely (ha! no pun intended!) put down to my son being out of a buggy and me never getting to walk anywhere above snails pace. Until 12 months ago I always ate what the hell I liked and never went above a size 14 things have obviously changed and I'm having a hard time adjusting to it.

    Good luck with slimming world... not tried them. Can't be doing with all that red green sin business. I prefer WW but frankly I feeling like anyone is telling me what do and quickly rebel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, thanks for visiting! just been over to your blog - loved the hair pic!

    Sarah, i am exactly the sane - have ALWAYS been able to eat whatever i liked and never ever went above 12\14. and in the last year it seems to have all caught up with me. middle-age spread i wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because blogging can help give you support! ;o)

    I'm always finding good reasons to blog instead of doing other things! Hehe... Thanks for popping by and reading mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those slimming world crispbread crackers...you need something to lubricate them before swallowing. trust me. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck! I'm currently doing the Special K diet - I don't have as much to lose, but I can certainly empathise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you can do it! I'll cheer you on with a rah, rah, rah!

    DCoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck. And tell your husband not to be so cheeky! Blogging is an important part of the day!

    ReplyDelete